You know that song, Just a perfect day? Well I found myself wondering today what would constitute a perfect church. I know the old adage that if ever I found a perfect church and joined it or went along, then it wouldn’t be perfect anymore. But suppose….. just suppose…… we could have the absolutely perfect church. What would it be like?
- Everyone would be welcome
- No matter what they wore
- No matter what gender, sexuality or political persuasion
- Perversions not allowed
- But they would be acknowledge and help would be found
- We would listen to each other
- We would share worship either in silence or charity/forbearance
- We would help each other in practical ways
- The building would be a comfortable temperature
- We would laugh with one another not at one another
- We would take turns in leading or enabling worship
And everyone would know that they are loved. That’s what the church is called to do. It’s not a building so much as a community.
What do you think?