Looking at the picture of my bruised face gives me a definite shudder, so I shall resolve to post some other photos before long. I had to seek further medical advice and it has been confirmed that I did indeed suffer a concussion. As that can take 6 to 12 weeks recuperation I feel quite relieved., that means I can take my time to get better and have a good excuse to dilly or dally over the next wee while.
Re: the inauguration of The Anniversary Month, it was not an unqualified success because of the fall, but we did manage some special treats:
- Visit to the Royal Yacht in Leith – most enjoyable, especially the apple tart, which of course I should not have had. It was a special treat, what more can I say?
- Trip to the Scottish Parliament: not much to see as it was the holiday time and the debating chamber was closed for some wiring work. However, it was good to see the architecture first hand and get a sense of the sheer scale and quality of the design.
- Visit to see Grandchildren of #1
- Few nights away in campervanning – culminating in the trip, but meaning that it was possible to follow the good weather.
- Retail Therapy in the sales – specifically two handbags, one bright pink, the other donkey brown with pale pink trimming. Both have had outings already.
- Retail Therapy on ebay: fluffy cairn toy, (I couldn’t resist), 10 emery boards, 2 parker pens and a lip-brush. (The brush needed HBTW to show me how it worked – ie retracted…… I know how to put on lipstick, not that I can use make-up yet, my face is still too mauve and yellow.)
- Friends visited and we set the world to rights.
So – a good month on the whole and to be repeated next year, if we are spared and well, as my Granny used to say. I’ve still to catch up with friends’ blogs, so shan’t weary.