It was our yearly visit to the optometrist this week, so we declared it a Day Out. This, then is how to get the most out of going to get your eyes tested.
- Choose an optician you know well and who knows you, if possible a relative.
- Declare it a Day Out and go in the campervan.
- Take a generous picnic of biscuits, cheese, chocolate and soda drinks. Remember to pack the milk in the fridge for coffee later.
- Make sure you have good company.
- Take a camera and aim for some unusual shots.
- Arrange for your optometrist’s clinic to be in a scenic seaside town with a pretty harbour. (Tarbert, Loch Fyne)
- Walk off the pupil-opening drops by laughing hilariously round the local craft shops and holding onto your partner. Hint – don’t lose the dog at this point.
- Finish off the day with a meal out in a good hostelry in another seaside town – Inveraray – only half an hour from home.
Finally, collapse in front of the television and watch wall to wall American detective shows. Couldn’t be better.